Our standard flavours for Cupcakes and Celebration cakes are Vanilla, Lemon, Chocolate & Coffee.
Vanilla – Light sponge flavoured with good quality vanilla extract with vanilla flavour buttercream. Jam is an optional extra.
Lemon – Delicious light lemon sponge made with the juice and zest of fresh, unwaxed lemons. Filled with luxury, extremely tangy, lemon curd and topped with lemon flavour buttercream. This is our most popular flavour! Please let us know if you prefer not to have the lemon curd.
Chocolate (Cupcakes)- Our cupcakes are made using a rich, delicious chocolate mud cake recipe, which includes dark chocolate, cocoa, coffee & buttermilk in it’s ingredients. Don’t worry if you’re not a coffee lover, the small quantity in the recipe is there just to enhance the taste of the chocolate. This is topped with chocolate flavoured buttercream or an indulgent whipped chocolate ganache – a real must for chocoholics!
Chocolate (Celebration Cakes) – Our Celebration cakes are usually made using a more dense Madeira type chocolate sponge recipe, as we found this to be more suitable for the larger cakes, especially if heavy decorations are to be placed on top.
Coffee – Light sponge flavoured with Nescafe Original coffee (it’s all we ever have in this house!) and topped with coffee flavour buttercream.
*** SPECIALS ***
When I get the chance, I love to experiment with new recipes and flavours, and usually notify on our Facebook page (www.facebook.com/forestcupcakes) when these are available. Flavours we’ve tried so far include:
* Coffee or Chocolate Cake with Baileys flavour buttercream
* Mincemeat & Mixed Spice Cupcakes – a real taste of Christmas
* Rhubarb & Custard – yum, yum, so moist and definitely up there as a favourite!
* Lime & Coconut – Cupcakes with fresh zest & juice of limes, filled with luxury lime curd and topped with a smooth coconut buttercream.
* Raspberry Ripple & Marshmallow – Vanilla cupcakes baked with a generous ‘swirl’ of raspberry jam. Filled with Marshmallow ‘Fluff’ and topped with marshmallow buttercream.
* Carrot Cake with cream cheese frosting
If there’s a particular flavour you think we should try out, then please give us a shout and we’ll see what we can do! My current ‘to do’ list includes banoffee, strawberries & cream, peach melba, blueberry & lemon & finally sausage, cheese & onion (my Brother in laws suggestion!). Oh, and I mustn’t forget the latest suggestion of Gin & Tonic! Watch this space………
Here, at Forest Cupcakes, we endeavour to use good quality ingredients to make the end product as delicious as it possibly can be. These are certainly not the cheapest ingredients, but I prefer to offer a quality product using quality ingredients.
* McDougalls ‘Supreme Sponge’ Premium Self Raising Flour, as this has given us the best results, producing light, fluffy cakes.
* Stork ‘Margarine’ – as recommended by many experts.
* Free Range Eggs – sourced from the local Farm Shop where possible.
* Lurpak unsalted butter (not the spreadable version) – as this tastes delicious and produces the whitest buttercream
* Unwaxed Lemons – as we can’t be faffing with trying to remove the wax from cheaper versions.
* Good quality Vanilla Extract – as this gives a better flavour than vanilla essence.